This young lady never ceases to amaze me! We have been blessed to have her on our staff for the past few years. She is destined to do great things wherever she goes. We want to thank her for all she does! She is such a great advocate for people of ALL ABILITIES!
These guys look forward to attending Camp ASCCA every year! Check out how much fun they had last week! I have to say, I'm a little jealous that I still haven't experienced a zipline and this is a typical day at camp for these folks. Go Mindy go!
Minimum education- Bachelor’s degree in human service or special education related field; minimum of one year experience in direct service with people with intellectual disabilities; first Aid and CPR certified, CPI certified; able to lift 20 lbs.; must be physically active; able to work from 7:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday daily with a 12-month instructional year; able to work with minimal supervision; able to attend some evening meetings.
1. Establish rapport and working relationship with assigned individuals;
2. Observe assigned individuals, review data and progress; revise programs based on individual need and performance;
3. Ensure that assigned individuals have up-to-date ISP’s;
4. Write and ensure implementation of behavior support plans, as needed;
5. Review monthly progress notes for assigned individuals for accuracy and submit to case management;
6. Schedule/conduct necessary pre-planning meetings and ISP meetings for assigned individuals;
7. Maintain proper documentation on all assigned individuals;
8. Communicate with families and case management on behalf of assigned individuals;
9. Perform staff training under the direction of the Program Manager;
10. Attend IDT meetings as needed;
11. Work with Quality Assurance as needed;
12. Know and follow AWE/Arc Policies and Procedures;
13. Closely monitor clients for such adverse signs as neglect, abuse, drugs, depression, and abnormal behaviors (especially violent and/or inappropriate interaction with other clients and staff);
14. Others duties as assigned.
If interested, please send your resume to our Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Savannah has been working at Home2 Suites for just a few months now, but she has already impressed her co-workers and supervisors! Congrats on getting EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH! We are so proud of you, girl!
We couldn't be more proud! You deserve this celebration!
Savannah and her Supervisor, Crystal. Thank you for making today special!
Smith Center goes back to the 80s! The Smith Center attendees, staff, friends and families all showed up dressed to impress last Friday night! There was lots of food, fun and fellowship... oh, and of course DANCING!
Everyone had a great time! Thanks to the staff and volunteers who made this night a success!
These guys had a great time these past two weeks, volunteering at the latest build for Habitat for Humanity. Last week they went out to lay sod and this week they returned to do some maintenance and cleanup work. Next week they will be present for the dedication. They love to help out and work as a "team" doing these projects.
Great job guys!
There's no better way to enjoy the beautiful Alabama weather than spending an afternoon in the company of some good folks! 334 Jeeps, a local Jeep enthusiast group, was so kind to donate all proceeds from T-shir, raffle tickets and food sales to the Smith Center. We had a good crowd, several Jeeps and trucks and full bellies by the end of the day.
Thank you to the AWE Arc Board of Directors who volunteered their time to cook and sell food, and to Orlando who provided the music.
A very special thanks to Nikki Deloit for thinking about the Smith Center for this event. ~You are A TRUE ADVOCATE & blessing to those we serve.~
We are so excited to work with this group again next year!